On this page : Contact details / Research / Teaching / CV / Events
Associate Professor at ENS
Institut de physique théorique
Orme des merisiers
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
Département de mathématiques et applications
École normale supérieure
45 rue d'Ulm
F-75230 Paris Cedex 05
My interests lie at the interface between mathematics and physics, more precisely in the field of combinatorial statistical physics.
Some keywords : random maps, two-dimensional quantum gravity, integrability, random trees, dimer models, loop gases...
All my publications are available online :
You can get an idea of my work by looking at the files from some of my talks. First, some general talks on my main subject, random maps:
Then, talks on more specific subjects:
- Steep tilings and sequences of interlaced partitions, Integrability and Representation Theory seminar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 25 September 2014 (abstract)
- The nested loop approach to the O(n) model on random maps, Quantum Gravity in Paris, Orsay, 22 March 2013 (abstract, conference webpage)
- Planar maps and continued fractions, ESF Conference on Combinatorics and Analysis in Spatial Probability, Eindhoven, 16 December 2010 (abstract, conference webpage)
- Statistics of geodesics in large quadrangulations, Workshop on Combinatorics and Statistical Physics, Vienne, 26 May 2008 (abstract, conference webpage)
- Des cartes planaires eulériennes aux arbres étiquetés : les mobiles, Groupe de travail Arbres et Chemins, Bordeaux, 25 November 2004 (abstract, conference webpage)
I manage the math-physics first-year curriculum at École normale supérieure. During the academic year 2015-2016, I run a reading group on Enumerative combinatorics (1st year) and a working group on Random maps and their local limits (2nd year). From 2012 to 2015, I gave together with Guilhem Semerjian a course on Rigourous aspects of equilibrium statistical mechanics (L3 level -- more info and material on the course pages: 2014-2015, 2013-2014, 2012-2013).
I have given preceptorships (tutorats) in mathematics at ESPCI from 2009 till 2012. Some subjects (in French) : Transformations conformes et hydrodynamique, Marches aléatoires et marchés financiers.
Permanent researcher at IPhT. Part-time associate professor in the Probability and Statistics group at the ENS math department. Father of Chloé and Raphaël.
Also editor of the journal Mathematical Physics, Analysis and Geometry (since beginning 2014), associate member of the LIAFA Combinatorics team.
Present and past sources of funding : ANR GRAAL (2014-2019), ANR Cartaplus (2013-2017), Combinatoire à Paris (2013-2017), ENRAGE (2005-2009), GÉOCOMP (2004-2007), EUROGRID (2000-2004).
You can download my academic CV (as of May 2015).
I organize, or have organized, the following events :
- Winter school on Combinatorics and Interactions, CIRM, Marseille, 9-13 January 2017
- School on Quantum integrable systems, conformal field theories and stochastic processes, Cargèse, 12-25 September 2016
- Journée Cartes à l'ENS de Lyon, 10 November 2015
- Random Interfaces and Integrable Probability, Florence, 22-26 June 2015
- 20th Claude Itzykson meeting — Random Surfaces and Random Geometry, Saclay, 10-12 June 2015
- Thematic day on Random tilings and surfaces within the Inhomogeneous Random Systems workshop, Institut Henri Poincaré, 28 January 2015
- Des Mathématiques seminar, École normale supérieure, since October 2013
- Journée Cartes à l'ENS, 14 avril 2014
- Journées Cartes à l'IPhT, 20-21 June 2013
- Trimester on Statistical physics, combinatorics and probability: from discrete to continuous models, Centre Émile Borel, Institut Henri Poincaré, Fall 2009
- IPhT Symposium 2008, Batz-sur-Mer, 15-17 October 2008
Some other forthcoming or past events :
- Trimester on Combinatorics and Interactions, Centre Émile Borel, Institut Henri Poincaré, Winter 2017
- Statistical Mechanics, Integrability and Combinatorics, Galileo Galilei Institutee for Theoretical Physics, Florence, Spring-Summer 2015
- Random Geometry, Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, Spring 2015
- Probability on Trees and Planar Graphs, Banff, 14-19 September 2014
- School on Random Geometry and Random Matrices, ICTP-SAIFR, São Paulo, 25 August-5 September 2014
- Combinatorics, Geometry, and Physics, Erwin Schödinger Institute, Vienna, June-July 2014
- Enumerative Combinatorics, Oberwolfach, 2-8 March 2014
- AofA 2013, Cala Galdana, 27-31 May 2013
- Conformal Geometry, Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, Stony Brook, Spring 2013
- Random Spatial Processes, MSRI, Berkeley, Spring 2012
- STATPHYS 24, Cairns, 19-23 July 2010
- Combinatorics and Statistical Physics, Erwin Schödinger Institute, Vienna, Spring 2008
- Combinatorics and Statistical Mechanics, Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, Spring 2008
Some recurring events :