On this page : Contact details / Research / Teaching / CV / Events
Researcher in mathematical physics
Institut de physique théorique
Orme des merisiers
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
My interests lie at the interface between mathematical physics, combinatorics and probability theory. Some keywords : random maps, two-dimensional quantum gravity, integrability, determinantal and pfaffian processes, dimer models, loop gases...
My publications are available online on my arXiv page. See also the lists compiled by HAL, by IPhT or by Google Scholar. My habilitation thesis, defended in 2019, is available here or on TEL (it is written mostly in English). My doctoral thesis, defended in 2005, is also on TEL (it is written in French).
You can get an idea of my work by looking at the files from some of my talks. My habilitation defence (in French) provides an overview going from 2005 to 2019. Here are some general talks on my main subject, random maps:
Then, talks on more specific subjects:
- Steep tilings and sequences of interlaced partitions, Integrability and Representation Theory seminar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 25 September 2014 (abstract)
- The nested loop approach to the O(n) model on random maps, Quantum Gravity in Paris, Orsay, 22 March 2013 (abstract, conference webpage)
- Planar maps and continued fractions, ESF Conference on Combinatorics and Analysis in Spatial Probability, Eindhoven, 16 December 2010 (abstract, conference webpage)
- Statistics of geodesics in large quadrangulations, Workshop on Combinatorics and Statistical Physics, Vienne, 26 May 2008 (abstract, conference webpage)
- Des cartes planaires eulériennes aux arbres étiquetés : les mobiles, Groupe de travail Arbres et Chemins, Bordeaux, 25 November 2004 (abstract, conference webpage)
In 2019 and in 2020, I gave the course Integrable probability within the Probability curriculum of the M2 Advanced Mathematics of ENS de Lyon. In 2018, I gave the mini-course Equations with one catalytic variable in enumerative combinatorics at the workshop Random matrices, maps, and gauge theories (notes and exercices here).
I was an associate professor at the Department of mathematics and its applications of the École normale supérieure from 2012 to 2016. There I managed the math-physics first-year curriculum. During the academic year 2015-2016, I ran a reading group on Enumerative combinatorics (1st year) and a working group on Random maps and their local limits (2nd year). From 2012 to 2015, I gave together with Guilhem Semerjian a course on Rigourous aspects of equilibrium statistical mechanics (L3 level -- more info and material on the course pages: 2014-2015, 2013-2014, 2012-2013 ; rudimentary lecture notes are available upon request).
I have given preceptorships (tutorats) in mathematics at ESPCI from 2009 till 2012. Some subjects (in French) : Transformations conformes et hydrodynamique, Marches aléatoires et marchés financiers.
You can download my academic CV (as of June 2021).
Present and past grants and networks: IRN PIICQ (2021-2025), FBF Cylindric partitions (2020-2022), ANR COMBINÉ (2019-2023), ANR Dimers (2019-2023), PEPS Carma (2016), ANR GRAAL (2014-2019), Combinatoire à Paris (2013-2017), ANR Cartaplus (2013-2016).
I organize, or have organized, the following events :
- Journée CombiTop@Lyon, 14 September 2021
- ENS de Lyon Combinatorics seminar, since October 2018
- Mini-school on Random Maps and the Gaussian Free Field, Lyon, 15-19 May 2017
- Winter school on Combinatorics and Interactions, CIRM, Marseille, 9-13 January 2017
- School on Quantum integrable systems, conformal field theories and stochastic processes, Cargèse, 12-25 September 2016
- Journée Cartes à l'ENS de Lyon, 10 November 2015
- Random Interfaces and Integrable Probability, Florence, 22-26 June 2015
- 20th Claude Itzykson meeting — Random Surfaces and Random Geometry, Saclay, 10-12 June 2015
- Thematic day on Random tilings and surfaces within the Inhomogeneous Random Systems workshop, Institut Henri Poincaré, 28 January 2015
- Des Mathématiques seminar, École normale supérieure, academic years 2013-2014 and 2014-2015
- Journée Cartes à l'ENS, 14 avril 2014
- Journées Cartes à l'IPhT, 20-21 June 2013
- Trimester on Statistical physics, combinatorics and probability: from discrete to continuous models, Centre Émile Borel, Institut Henri Poincaré, Fall 2009
- IPhT Symposium 2008, Batz-sur-Mer, 15-17 October 2008
Some other forthcoming or past events :
- Probability and quantum field theory: discrete models, CFT, SLE and constructive aspects, Porquerolles, 10-21 June 2019
- Aléa 2019, CIRM, Marseille, 18-22 March 2019
- Determinantal point processes and fermions, Lille, 6-8 February 2019
- Random matrices, maps, and gauge theories, ENS de Lyon, 25-29 June 2018
- Enumerative Combinatorics, Oberwolfach, 14-18 May 2018
- Non-equilibrium systems and special functions, MATRIX, Creswick, January 2018
- Algorithmic and Enumerative Combinatorics, Erwin Schödinger Institute, Vienna, Fall 2017
- Trimester on Combinatorics and Interactions, Centre Émile Borel, Institut Henri Poincaré, Winter 2017
- Statistical Mechanics, Integrability and Combinatorics, Galileo Galilei Institutee for Theoretical Physics, Florence, Spring-Summer 2015
- Random Geometry, Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, Spring 2015
- Probability on Trees and Planar Graphs, Banff, 14-19 September 2014
- School on Random Geometry and Random Matrices, ICTP-SAIFR, São Paulo, 25 August-5 September 2014
- Combinatorics, Geometry, and Physics, Erwin Schödinger Institute, Vienna, June-July 2014
- Enumerative Combinatorics, Oberwolfach, 2-8 March 2014
- AofA 2013, Cala Galdana, 27-31 May 2013
- Conformal Geometry, Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, Stony Brook, Spring 2013
- Random Spatial Processes, MSRI, Berkeley, Spring 2012
- STATPHYS 24, Cairns, 19-23 July 2010
- Combinatorics and Statistical Physics, Erwin Schödinger Institute, Vienna, Spring 2008
- Combinatorics and Statistical Mechanics, Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, Spring 2008
Some recurring events :