Research in Physics Beyond the Standard Model at the IPhT focuses on various topics: collider physics, neutrinos and flavor physics, dark matter, dark energy, gravitational waves...
People contributing to these topics
We maintain regular contacts with members of the Cosmology Group (Francis BERNARDEAU, Chiara CAPRINI, Patrick VALAGEAS, Filippo VERNIZZI), as well as with other research teams at the IPhT (QCD and String Theory).
Former PhD Students
|Jose Miguel NO
|Hiroshi DE SANDES
|Tirtha Sankar RAY
Networks and funding
We are (or have been) members of a number of french and european networks and we have received EU research grants:
- ERC Advanced Grant Higgs@LHC: search and study of the higgs boson at the LHC (2013-2018)
- ITN European Network Invisibles: Neutrinos and dark matter (2012-2016)
- ITN European Network UniLHC: Unification in the LHC era (2009-2013)
- RTN European Network UniverseNet: The origin of our Universe: seeking links between fundamental physics and cosmology (2008-2010)
- PHC Proteus (France-Slovenia): Supersymmetry from the Grand Unification scale to LHC energies (2010-2011)
- French network GDR Neutrino (2005-2015)
- French network GDR Terascale (2009-2016)
We maintain a long term scientific collaboration with Brazil, which started with a CAPES/COFECUB project (2007-2009).
We currently participate (or have participated) in several ANR-funded projects in particle physics and cosmology:
- TH-EXP@TeV - Confronting theory with experiments at the TeV scale (2010-2015, in collaboration with SPP, the experimental particle physics institute of CEA/Saclay)
- DARKPHYS - Dark Matter and Dark Energy: a challenge for particle physics (2006-2010)
- NEUPAC - Non-standard properties of neutrinos in particle physics, astrophysics and cosmology (2006-2008, in collaboration with IPN-Orsay and LPT-Orsay)
- PHYS@COL&COS - Physics Beyond the Standard Model: implications for colliders and cosmology (2006-2008, in collaboration with LPT-Orsay and LPTA-Montpellier)
We maintain regular contacts with the experimental colleagues working at the SPP, the colleagues at the SAp, the IAP, the APC , the IPN and LPT in Orsay and at the Ecole Polytechnique, as well as external collaborations.
The particle physics and cosmology seminars take place on Wednesdays at 14:15 in Room Itzykson.
The slides of each seminar, when available, can be downloaded as a pdf file from the corresponding entry in the lists below. Contact Brando BELLAZZINI, Grégory SOYEZ or Filippo VERNIZZI for more information.
We have group journal-clubs on Monday at 14:30.
Contact for information.
Occasional seminars are sometimes organised in collaboration with other groups: archive.
Joint meetings between particle physics experimentalists and theorists (Rencontres IPhT/SPP) take place a few times a year: latest meetings; archive 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004.
Contact Filippo VERNIZZI for information.
Conferences, Meetings and other Events recently organized by members of our group (limited to last ~10yr):
- Higgs Hunting 2014, Orsay, 21-23 July 2014
- Invisibles 14 Workshop, Paris, 14-18 July 2014
- Planck 2014: From the Planck scale to the ElectroWeak scale, Paris, 26-30 May 2014
- PONT d'Avignon 2014: Progress On Old And New Themes In Cosmology, 14-18 April 2014, Avignon, France
- ICTP Workshop on the Future of Dark Matter Astroparticle Physics: Insights and Perspectives, Trieste, 8-11 October 2013
- WIN 2013: Weak Interactions and Neutrinos Workshop, Natal, Brazil, September 16-21, 2013
- Higgs Hunting 2013, Orsay, 25-27 July 2013
- International School Cargese 2012: Across the TeV frontier with the LHC, Cargese, Corsica, France, 20 August - 1 September 2012
- Higgs Hunting 2012, Orsay, 18-20 July 2012
- Villa Olmo 2011 Conference: 13th ICATPP conference, Como, October 3-7, 2011
- CERN-TH Institute 2011: Dark Matter Underground and in the Heavens, CERN, Geneva, July 18-29, 2011
- PPC 2011: 5th International Workshop on the Interconnections between Particle Physics and Cosmology, CERN, Switzerland, 14-18 June 2011
- PONT d'Avignon 2011: Progress On Old And New Themes In Cosmology, 18-22 April 2011, Avignon, France
- DMaa: Dark Matter All Around, IAP, Paris, France, 13-15 December 2010
- Villa Olmo 2010 Conference: ICATPP conference on Cosmic Rays for Particle and Astroparticle Physics, Como, October 7-8, 2010
- Cargese 2010: Physics at TeV Colliders, From Tevatron to LHC, Cargese, July 19-31, 2010
- ICHEP 2010: International Conference on High Energy Physics, Paris, July 21-28, 2010
- TeVPA 2010: TeV Particle Astrophysics, Paris, July 19-23, 2010
- Planck 2010: From the Planck scale to the ElectroWeak scale, CERN, May 31 - June 4, 2010
- 1st TANGO in Paris: workshop on Testing Astroparticle with New GeV-TeV Observations in Positrons And electRons: Identifying the Sources, IAP Paris, May 4-6, 2009
- EWSB&LHC@IPhT: A miniworkshop on the Physics of ElectroWeak Symmetry Breaking and the LHC, IPhT, October 27-29, 2008 and 2-3 March, 2009
- NNN 08: International Workshop on Next Nucleon decay and Neutrino detectors, Paris, September 10-13, 2008
- PONT d'Avignon 2008: Progress on Old and New Themes in cosmology, Avignon, April 21-25, 2008
- CERN TH Institute: New Physics and the LHC, August 13 - September 7, 2007
- Cargese Summer School 2007: Particle physics and cosmology beyond the standard model, July 30 - August 11, 2007
- CERN ENTApP Dark Matter Visitor's Program: CERN Theory Division, March 5-9, 2007
- 1st Rio-Saclay Meeting: Physics Beyond the Standard Model, Rio de Janeiro, December 4-15, 2006
- Planck 2006: From the Planck scale to the ElectroWeak scale, Ninth European meeting, Paris, May 29 - June 2, 2006
- Les Houches Summer School, August 2006: Particle Physics and Cosmology: the Fabric of Spacetime
- Les Houches Summer School, August 2005: Particle Physics Beyond the Standard Model
- Ecole de Gif: French particle physics summer school (every year)
Postdoctoral positions funded by the IPhT or by external sources (ANR, EU...) are available each year in the Fall. Check this page or contact any staff member of the group.
Each member of the group can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the names in the list above for additional details.
The full postal address and contact details of the IPhT are here.
Here are some directions to the IPhT.
Page mantained by Stéphane Lavignac; last update: Tue 29 September 2015